It’s something of a running joke within the Philippines business process outsourcing industry, with figures like Margaret Thatcher who so regularly wheeled out to explain why some companies choose to outsource their customer service operations here.
Outsourcing a municipal government in its entirety has long been a Tory municipal fantasy, first put forth by Nick Ridley, the local government minister under Margaret Thatcher, in the late 1980s. The private sector would handle schools and social services, as well as trash collection; councilors would only meet once a year to sign contracts. This argument went that this supposedly business-like method would result in significant cost savings and efficiency gains.
The reason? The country has an extremely low cost base, combined with English-language skills that provide a natural advantage over most Asian rivals. Today, it hasn’t changed. In fact, the opportunity to positively impact your business is better than ever. Here’s why:
- Philippine culture embraces the English language like few other countries
- It saves businesses of all sizes significant amounts of money
- Foreign based employees tend to be better trained and more grateful for the chance to work for a U.S. based business
- The Philippine Government has made massive investments to increase the value of hiring from their country
- The Culture in the Philippines is built around qualities your company can benefit from
- A BPO, Business Process Outsourcing, company will facilitate the process of hiring and managing your remote employees
- The world in 2022 is embracing hiring abroad, you should too
Why English is So Advanced in the Philippines
The reason that English is so advanced in the Philippines is that English has been compulsory in all Filipino schools since the beginning of time. The results are evident with Tagalogs, Visayans and other Filipinos who speak English fluently without any trace of an accent.
The history of the English language in the Philippines dates back to the early 16th century when the United States India Company ( which later became America East India Company) sent its first ambassador to the Sultanate of Maguindanao . After that, English was made compulsory in the Philippines by the Americans.
American teachers were sent to colonize the Philippines and educate them. More English teachers were imported from America to work as teachers, professors, and lecturers in different Philippine universities. The impact is felt today as English culture and the language itself permeates every facet of Philippine life.;
Why You Can Save Money By Outsourcing to the Philippines Your Business Processes
How much money can a small business save by outsourcing to the Philippines? For a small business that has less than 100 employees, you can save 20 to 30 percent by outsourcing. For example: an outsourced call center to the Philippines can save a company as much as 25 percent over a similar center in the United States.
Outsourcing is generally more common among Fortune 500 corporations which are notorious for taking advantage of cheap labor in less developed countries. A Fortune 500 corporation can save up to 50 percent when they outsource call center operations to the Philippines.
A small business with less than 20 employees can also benefit by outsourcing to the Philippines. Your average employee in the U.S. costs a small business about $20 per hour. By outsourcing your business processes to the Philippines, you can save 30 percent by hiring a Filipino worker at $12 per hour or less.
Gratitude and Impact When Hiring a Philippines Based Remote Employee
Another thing to consider is the effect that hiring a person in the Philippines will have on them as opposed to someone here. Hiring someone here at about $15 an hour comes out to about $20 for the employer in overhead. That $15 doesn’t mean as much as $10 or $12 to a person in the Philippines. So besides getting a nearly fluent English speaking employee and saving money, you will also get someone who is likely both:
- More qualified as the best English speakers come with University level training
- Significantly more grateful for the opportunity to work for you as $12 dollars goes a long way in the Philippines as opposed to the US
The Philippines is one of the world’s top BPO ( business process outsourcing) countries. There are more than 300,000 Filipinos working in global customer service centers around the world. The Philippines is particularly skilled in telemarketing , web research, email support and live chat .
The Philippine Culture and Government
The Philippine government has made huge investments to train their future workforce. By adopting the English language as early as grade school, Filipinos benefit because it opens up many opportunities especially when it comes to employment abroad.
After all, there might be other countries where you can’t speak or understand their local languages but you could easily communicate with them if they speak fluent English , right?
There are also many other reasons why your business should consider hiring Filipino workers:
- As we mentioned, there is a vast pool of educated and multilingual workforce which can speak fluent English
- Filipino employees are hardworking, efficient and enthusiastic
- Your business has a better chance to succeed in international markets when you hire Filipino workers
- The future of outsourcing to the Philippines will continue to grow as more companies choose the country for their business process outsourcing goals.
- As an American company hiring Filipino workers, you will also be helping your business to become more competitive in the changing global economy that is shifting toward outsourcing for faster and better quality service.
What a BPO Can Do For You and Your Business
So how can a BPO company help you and your business hire in the Philippines?
- A call center company can set up a virtual office space in the Philippines to house your employees or they can manage them as they work from home
- They will conduct recruitment and hiring for your business by providing you with resumes, conducting interviews and pre-screening for skills required for the job
- Since they have been doing this long enough, they probably know what type of people are a good fit for the job
- A BPO will manage your employees through services like payroll, benefits and employee incentives
Once you have decided to outsource business processes (supply chain, customer service, sales, medical, accounting, etc.) and operations to the Philippines it is important that you hire a reputable outsourcing firm (like GlobalityNet, click here to find out why we’re the best option for you).
Whether you are looking for virtual or office space or remote employees who work from home (which can save you even more money), this company should take care of all aspects related to managing your business process outsourcing so you can focus on the core competencies of your business.
The World in 2022 is Embracing Hiring Abroad, You Should Too
Hiring people abroad in 2021 was just a re-hashed version of outsourcing 10 years ago.
But 2022 will be the time when more and more companies worldwide will start to embrace hiring abroad. And if you’re not moving in that direction, your competition might get the upper hand against you.
Outsourcing can be a great way for your business to grow and succeed in the global market.
There are many benefits that can be gained by hiring outsourcing labor overseas for your company, but the biggest one is being able to focus on what you do best while someone else takes care of all other aspects related to running your business successfully.
Call us today so we can show you how hiring people abroad in 2022 can help take your business to the next level.